Glart Smashrip

I've decided to play underworld denizens in an upcoming one day Blood Bowl tournament. Only problem is that I don't have a painted team. I have my skaven, but I don't have enough goblins and I also want to use a the star players Glart Smashrip and Skitter Stab-Stab. Who can say no to an obese Strength 4 monster with claw and a backstabbing gutter runner?

Glart Smashrip skaven blood bowl star player
Glart Smashrip

Forgeworld have released a version of Glart Smashrip, but it doesn't really fit with the oldschool miniatures that I collect so I decided to sculpt my own version. The result can be seen here.

Glart Smashrip front view

I used the hands and feet from a lineman and the head from a kicker since those are the hardest parts to sculpt.

Glart Smashrip side view

I don't have time to paint all the needed miniatures before the tournament so I will have to use what I have and the team will look somewhat eclectic. As long as there are no unpainted miniatures though I'm happy.

Glart Smashrip back view


I wanted to stay true to the original artwork, but I also wanted him to look a little more dynamic.

Glart Smashrip artwork
Glart Smashrip artwork

I studied images of sumo wrestlers and decided on a squatting pose. Below are some work in progress pictures.

work in progress
Work in progress

Comments

  1. So how are you going to do Skitter Stab Stab? Are you lucky enough to have one of the old GW ones?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Phil, I'm going to use this old ratman: https://pariedolia.weebly.com/uploads/4/3/6/1/43615323/published/10.jpg?1540269796

    He should fit nicely with the rest of the miniatures I intend to use.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blood Bowl Witch Elf

Vietnam US Infantry Painting Guide

Blood Bowl Wood Elves